Because I freakin' LOVE my job!

I didn't really decide to write this because I wanted an audience. I love to share my highlights (and lowlights) with anyone who will listen. While I never expected that I'd be teaching preschool, I know that this is where I'm supposed to be. If you're reading, thank you for your interest in experiencing my sheer and utter joy :)

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Red, yellow, green!

HA HA okay so... One of my boys had to rush to the bathroom because nature was calling. We're supposed to monitor activity, just use our peripheral vision to make sure that the kids don't fall in the toilet (I'm not even trying to be funny. Licensing would shut us down if we didn't keep an eye on the kids in the bathroom!).

Anyhoo, he rushes over to the toilet and I hear him screaming, "Alright!! It's yellow! YAY!" and he's pumping his fist in the air.

We actually went over traffic safety and he next began to say with a melody, "Red, yellow, green. Red, yellow, green..."

--------------------------------------------

We went to the pumpkin patch today @ Lemos Farm in Half Moon Bay. The kids were super cute and excited. We rode horses, the train, went on a hay ride, picked out pumpkins, fed some baby goats... It was so fun!

On the hay ride, we see a bunch of growing Christmas trees and I point them out to the kids. One boy says, "It's my Christmas," so we ask, "well, is it your  Christmas or everyone's Christmas?" He says, "No, just mine." One of the other teachers say, "Christmas belongs to everyone, not just you."

--------------------------------------------

Okay, last thing....

This kid below is such a HOOT. He runs up to me with this spiral-bound booklet (we have something similar that contains all of the children's names and they're handwritten). He says, "Teacher, this is my name!" and I tell him, "No, honey, that says 'blanket.'"


I wish you could see his face because he has this sideways smirk that's really adorable :/

No comments:

Post a Comment