Because I freakin' LOVE my job!

I didn't really decide to write this because I wanted an audience. I love to share my highlights (and lowlights) with anyone who will listen. While I never expected that I'd be teaching preschool, I know that this is where I'm supposed to be. If you're reading, thank you for your interest in experiencing my sheer and utter joy :)

Friday, October 28, 2011

Halloween and Things Girls Say to Boys...

Halloween is right around the corner! All of the kids have been talking about what their costumes will be: Batman, pirate, Spiderman, princess, ladybug, bunny... They're gonna be adorable, and you'll bet your sorry behind I'm going to post pictures of this stuff!!

They've made milk carton ghosts, spiders hanging on marble-painted spider webs, pumpkins... The room looks dynamite!

Well, we took the kiddos to a small fieldtrip to another play structure, just a couple of blocks away. One of the girls was holding the hand of a boy, like a buddy system :) It was pretty warm around this time (about 11:00 am), so she started to take off her jacket. Then she told me and the boy, "Girls wear the boy's jacket when it's cold. He's supposed to give her his jacket." Then she went on saying, "Have you ever seen a girl put her jacket in her pocket?"

-------------------------------

Yesterday, I had 3 kids on 3 separate occasions ask me to play with them. So I got pretty close to them, started talking to them or laughing, and they'd say, "Guess what, teacher? I'm sick!" with the largest grin on their faces. THREE CHILDREN!! What are the odds? I should have figured it out when one of the kids were isolated, working on an art activity all by their lonesome. A staff member must have placed them there so that they wouldn't pass it onto someone else. Let's hope my immune system has gotten stronger...

No comments:

Post a Comment