Because I freakin' LOVE my job!

I didn't really decide to write this because I wanted an audience. I love to share my highlights (and lowlights) with anyone who will listen. While I never expected that I'd be teaching preschool, I know that this is where I'm supposed to be. If you're reading, thank you for your interest in experiencing my sheer and utter joy :)

Monday, November 21, 2011

Quotables about poop and yellow hair.

1) One of the kids was compelled to tell me all of this before he went to bed:


Child: "Teacher, I went poop in the bathroom and got poop on my hands."

Me: "It's okay, it was an accident. Did you wash your hands though?"

Child: "I wiped it with paper towel and then I washed it."


2) Background info: So my class is primarily of Hispanic origin. About 80% of them are native Spanish speakers, and only half of them can fully understand English. Two of them have light brown hair (very handsome boys!), but none of the children have blonde hair.

"No one in our class has yellow hair, right? Only yellow blankets."


3) Another child rushes to the restroom and looks very puzzled. I said, "Go use the bathroom," and he said, "There's too many bathrooms." We have two toilets and he couldn't decide which one to use :/

No comments:

Post a Comment