Because I freakin' LOVE my job!

I didn't really decide to write this because I wanted an audience. I love to share my highlights (and lowlights) with anyone who will listen. While I never expected that I'd be teaching preschool, I know that this is where I'm supposed to be. If you're reading, thank you for your interest in experiencing my sheer and utter joy :)

Monday, December 5, 2011

Tracing fun & dinosaurs dying :(

The kids traced my silhouette onto the blacktop:


Please take note of the delicate features around my face, the absence of a chest, and the lumps and bumps where my stomach is supposed to be :P

One of the kids walked up to the drawing and he didn't see the other children tracing me. He said, "Teacher! Look! It's a ghost! Ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!" LOL 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Earlier today, I was reading the book "How Do Dinosaurs Eat Their Food?" It's a great book to get kids to think about their manners, especially when they're eating (it's available in English and Spanish!). Instead of using children, they use different illustrations of dinosaurs (and they're beautiful drawings!)

We got to this page and it asks "Does a dinosaur throw his spaghetti high in the air?"


I read the line, and a boy said, "Look, the dinosaur is dying!" and he was so concerned. I said, "That's just spaghetti sauce. He'll be fine." The kid insisted, "No, he's dying!"

No comments:

Post a Comment