Because I freakin' LOVE my job!

I didn't really decide to write this because I wanted an audience. I love to share my highlights (and lowlights) with anyone who will listen. While I never expected that I'd be teaching preschool, I know that this is where I'm supposed to be. If you're reading, thank you for your interest in experiencing my sheer and utter joy :)

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Cheerios, China, and Stickers

Hi, folks. What I really wanted to do was video blog about this... It's really difficult for me to find a spare moment to videotape myself, but I'll get that done today!

In the meantime, you can read about them first:

1) We were gluing Cheerios and having the children count them as they glued, then one of the girls looked at a Cheerio, then looked at me and said "O!" like "Okay!" I looked at her with a quizzical look and said, "Yeah, I guess so..." then she said, "And like... 'Oh!'" Yes, lol, like "Oh."

2) One of my boys wanted to help me wipe down the tables after snack. He said, "You know how they say 'clean' in China? 'Sparkle' like 'sparkle and shine. Shine and sparkle.'"

3) This girl earned a sticker for being responsible and lying down in her cot right away for nap time. When it was time for bed, she looked at her hand and asked "Where is my sticker??" I wasn't the one who gave it to her, so I didn't know where she had it before, so I said, "I really don't know where you put it. Why don't you go to sleep and we'll look for it when you wake up." She turned over and this is what we discovered:

No comments:

Post a Comment